Why Atlanta Gear Works
We Invest in You by Investing in Us
You have high expectations, and so do we. So, we invest in quality throughout our organization – from our people to our plant to our processes.
Everybody at AGW – from the shop floor to the front office – gets training. As a result, we have earned some of the most prestigious certifications in the industry.
To foster accountability and responsibility throughout the company, we offer performance bonuses to the people in our shop, and our leadership team follows the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), which involves quarterly training throughout the year.
In addition, our leaders all participate in industry organizations, including TAPPI, AGMA and AIST.
Our 34,000-square-foot plant is a work in progress, with a 10,000-square-foot addition planned for the near future. We invest in new equipment every year with four main goals:
- Improve our quality
- Increase our capacity
- Reduce our response time
- Solve more complex problems
Some of our recent acquisitions, for example, are a gear checker that enables more precise reverse-engineering, a CNC horizontal boring mill and a CNC gear hobber.
Years ago, we decided the only way to deliver the quality we know you want and need was to vertically integrate. So, we have a full in-house machine shop that can handle everything from machining new shafts and spacers to re-machining bores in a gearbox housing and can cut spur, helical, double-helical and worm gears.
We also have a full engineering department that enables us to rebuild all makes and models of gearboxes and create new gears and gearboxes from samples and/or prints. And we do it all using only U.S.-made steel – the best steel in the world.
- 34,000 sq. ft. on 2.3 acres
- 45-ton overhead crane capacity
- 26-foot under hook
- 30-ton overhead crane
- 10-ton crane
- 5-ton bridge cranes
- 15 Jib cranes up to 2 tons
- One 18,000 lb. capacity
- Two 6,000 lb. capacity
- 8 Gear cutting machines capable of up to 96″ in diameter, 3/4 DP
- G&E 96
- 2 G&E 72
- G&E 60SB
- Pfauter P1500
- Pfauter P400
- GHO-500 CNC gear hobbing machine
- Fellows #7 gear shaper
- Up to 47.25″ (1200mm) in diameter, 1 DP, up to AGMA Class 15
- Kapp Niles ZE 1200 profile grinding machine
- Kapp Niles ZE 400 profile gear grinding machine
- Pentagear Next Dimension ND 300 gear checker
- HNK HB-130C CNC horizontal boring mill – 130 mm spindle 88” x 118” travel
- S&T ST10/14VM VTL
- Manual lathe 26” diameter x 120” L
- Manual lathe 22” diameter x 90” L
- Fryer Easy Turn CNC lathe, 30” diameter x 120” L
- Mazak QT400 CNC lathe, 24” diameter x 80” L
- Mazak QT300 CNC lathe
- Hwacheon Cutex 240A CNC lathe
- Fryer MC-40 vertical machining center
- Sharp CNC vertical machining center
- (2) Mitts & Merrill key seaters up to 3” keyway
- Parts washer with 60″ working height, 84″ table diameter, and 15,000lb load limit
- Paint and grinding booth
- 400-ton horizontal press
- MIG welder
- Stick/Tig welder
- SIFCO selective plating machine
- Faro arm measuring machine
- Test motors from 10 to 60 HP
- 2-plane dynamic balancing up to 8,000 lbs.